Ranking the Birthstone Clothing Collection

    

    Hi friends!! I'm back from vacation! I've actually been back for a while, but I wasn't exactly sure what to post, and I was hesitant to post anything with a problem I've been having with my pictures disappearing, which I mentioned in my previous post. Anyway, AG has released quite a bit of new stuff lately. Claudie finally got some more stuff in her collection, which I am absolutely thrilled about! Among a few other things, AG released a collection of outfits inspired by different birthstones. I thought it might be fun to rank these outfits! Keep in mind that fashion is definitely an interest of mine, so these opinions should be veryyyyy interesting to see...  

12. July Remarkable Ruby Outfit


    Yeah... I can't think of anything I really like about this outfit. I think the boots and coat go extremely well together, but I personally feel like the shirt throws off that style. I'm also not a huge fan of the color red, especially when thinking about dressing my dolls. I think most dolls look better in pastels or cooler colors. I know the point of this collection is to represent the gem, and obviously rubies are red, but my fashion-loving brain is screaming that the red needs to be broken up. 
11. June Exquisite Alexandrite Outfit


    I think this outfit is cute, especially on 110! I honestly had to look up Alexandrite, but it's a really pretty gem, and I think AG's representation of it fits! I love the hat and the puffy sleeves! But, the skirt thing throws me off quite a bit, and I wish it were removable or just different altogether. Also, weird observation, but the shoes totally look like light-up Sketchers. This outfit is giving me the vibes of something some kid would wear on Nickelodeon, like, either on one of their shows or for an awards thingy. I have no idea what I'm talking about, but the vibes are there. 

10. January Gorgeous Garnet Outfit


    And we have another red outfit. 🤣 This one is a lot better than the ruby outfit, in my opinion. There's a variation to the shades of red used, as well as some textures that elevate the outfit. The leather-y material used for the jacket looks stiff and a bit fake, and I don't think it works for doll clothes. The thing that really bothers me is the skirt. It's absolutely fine except for the little gem detail. It bothers me so much that it's off-center for some reason. 
9. December Blue Beauty Topaz Outfit


    I want to like this outfit more. I really do. The jacket doesn't match the formality of the rest of the outfit, which has a celebrity-on-the-red-carpet vibe. I love that AG did that! But, something about the skirt honestly looks off. I think it's the design on the fabric. It's, like, fake sparkles. It just doesn't look real to me. That's pretty much my only critique. The style is very much there.

8. February Amazing Amethyst Outfit


    Now we've reached the outfits that I actually really like! 8th place is honestly a tie, but I'm going to have to go with this outfit because the dress has the same weird fabric pattern design thingy as the Topaz outfit. The literal only reason this outfit is as high on the list as it is is because I absolutely love that coat. I was at some point planning to make a clear coat like that for my dolls, and I think the vynl is still around here somewhere... I actually have no idea if clear coats are still in style lol. 

7. August Phenomenal Peridot Outfit


    This outfit is giving Disney-bounding as Tiana, especially with 123 as the model! I love the shoes and sunglasses, and the dress is very cute, but outside of that, I don't love it as much as the next outfits on this list. 
6. April Dazzling Diamond Outfit

    I'm a little sad this outfit doesn't get higher on the list. It's so extra! The style is there, 100%. Ultimately, I decided to rank it #6 because it's not really any of my dolls' styles and I think it would be the hardest of these outfits to mix-and-match. 
5. September Sparkling Sapphire Outfit

    `I love, love, love this outfit! It's so chic! I am seriously dying over that top. My one critique is that this is another outfit that feels a bit match-y match-y to me. It would be so easy to mix-and-match, but I honestly probably wouldn't want to do that because it's pretty much perfection.

4. October Twinkling Tourmaline Outfit

    This is actually my birthstone. :) Technically, several months, including October, have multiple birthstones. October's other birthstone is opal, and it always bothers me that companies tend to make tourmaline stuff for October because I like opal way better. Alas, I won't complain. I do like the vibes here. It's sort of giving Isabel Hoffman vibes. I think it would look good on her. 

3. March Gleaming Aquamarine Outfit

    Now we've reached the podium! When I first put this list together, I was surprised that this outfit made it so high. It didn't stand out to me until I was making the list. But, HOW CUTE OF A PARTY DRESS WOULD THIS BE?! So many of my dolls could rock this outfit. Plus, it's really my own personal style with the sleeves. Eden, my look-a-like, would no doubt be one of the dolls to pull this outfit off. 

2. May Enchanting Emerald Outfit

    The vibes are vibing so hard right here. It's giving 1970's, but, like, what young people sometimes think 70's fashion was like. Because let's be real, 70's fashion was not this. However! It's super trendy! I absolutely love it. 
1. November Sparkling Citrine Outfit

    And the best outfit (in my opinion) is... drum roll, please.... oh, I guess you've already seen the name of the outfit and the picture. Well, anyway! I think this outfit was really well-done. Note that it's not my style, nor any of my dolls' styles, however, style is not something it lacks. This outfit is adorable and trendy. I love the edge that the hat and jacket give! Plus, I really appreciate that the orange is *ehem* broken up with the white contrast on the dress. It's super cute! 

    So... that went about like how I expected. Naturally, these were all my opinions, and I feel that it's necessary to ask that you please don't throw rotten tomatoes at me. Thank you in advance. On an unrelated note, I was wondering if you guys might be interested in seeing some doll-related shenanigans from my vacation in an upcoming post? I have some doll photos I took on the trip. I also have another photoshoot that I am 100% posting about, so if you absolutely despise doll photos with a burning passion, this probably isn't the kind of blog to read. 🤷 Oh... and I may or may not have 3 new dolls that haven't been introduced to the blog... 

    I'll leave it at that. ;) Have a wonderful day and remember to eat your veggies. Bye! <3

Comments

  1. This was so much fun to read!! There've been SOOO many things AG has thrown at us that I've never gotten to really LOOK at these outfits and your blog and wonderful descriptions let me do this! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, AG has put out a lot of stuff, especially recently, so it is fun to actually look closely at some of it!

      Delete
  2. I agree with your assessment! I'm not normally a fan of orange for style, but there is just something fun and unique about the November outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Orange definitely isn’t my go-to, and my dolls probably wouldn’t wear it, but the November outfit is awesome!

      Delete
  3. The November outfit was my favorite, too! And I agree, March makes a perfect party dress. I really like your featured image, btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s so cute! It does! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I always love hearing others' opinions on AG releases. I totally agree with what you said about June: it looks like something a Nickelodeon person would wear! I also prefer the opal birthstone, though October isn't my birth month. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one! 😅 Yesss ok you get those vibes, too. I couldn't tell if I was crazy. Opals just look cooler than tourmaline! Thanks, Reesa!

      Delete
  5. I forgot to mention…yes! I love vacation shenanigans! Post them! 😉

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Concerns, New baking recipes? Let me know here in the comments!

Our Viewers are Loving: