Allan ~ A (not-so-AG) Photoshoot

     

    Hi guys! I know this blog has a reputation for being an American Girl doll blog, but as I've briefly mentioned before, I do collect a few other brands. Since the Barbie movie came out, I've been completely obsessed with Barbie. I loved playing with Barbies as a young child and I've always appreciated the history behind the doll. Getting into Barbie again has been a very special experience for me. So far, I mostly have Barbie movie dolls because I absolutely love the movie. ❤ Probably my favorite character in the entire movie was Allan. I really feel like I have kind of a similar personality to his movie character, and I find it unnecessarily funny. Unfortunately, Mattel hasn't made an Allan doll to go with the movie, so if you want one, you have to buy the original doll from the 1960s secondhand... which, in the current Barbie hype, is, like, AG expensive right now.
 
    However, over the weekend, I was gifted a huge lot of 1960s Barbie stuff as an early birthday present. I'm so incredibly grateful for my family, and not going to lie, I'm still in shock. Both the doll lover and the history nerd inside of me are going kind of insane currently. Along with Ken and Barbie was my holiest of grails doll, Allan.

    So I hope you guys don't mind that today's post isn't American Girl. Allan is very special to me and my brain is stuck in Barbie mode. It is a relatively short photoshoot. (It's literally only 4 photos.) I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, so I hope you enjoy them!


    I love this one! I feel like it's very dramatic and just has some sort of cool-factor. I love how his shirt adds a pop of color and makes him stand out from the background. I'm totally ecstatic too because that's his outfit from the movie. Also, isn't Allan adorable??!?!?!?! (I won't be offended if you're not into Barbie and you disagree lol.) 


    After the first photo, I went inside. I got to play around with this super backlit lighting, which turned out... mostly okay? A lot of my photos didn't turn out great, but I got away with a few that I really like! This one is not my absolute favorite, but I thought I'd include it regardless. I can't believe I actually got him to stand up because those shoes are not it. 🤣 I am loving the light on the floor from the blinds and that lens flare! 



I love this too much. It feels so cinematic. Again, I love the playful contrast in the shirt that makes Allan stand out from the background. The way he looks off to the side is so cute. 😭



    This is probably my favorite photo from the photoshoot! The way he's framed makes him stand out from the rest of the photos, in my opinion. There's not a lot of new things to say about it. I also love the lens flare in this photo. 

    And that was my quick little post! If you're still here, thanks for reading! There is definitely going to be more Barbie content in the near future, so just bear with me. I really appreciate it! Let me know in the comments if you've seen the Barbie movie, and if so, let me know if you liked it. I did. 😉 

    Have an amazing day and remember to eat your veggies. Bye! <3



Comments

  1. yes Allan! I went to see the Barbie movie with my friends and he was low-key my favorite <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a my spirit animal. Love u Allan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALLAN WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so fun to read <3 Your photos turned out really good! My grandma collects A LOT of dolls. Specifically, Barbie. So, she was so excited when the movie came out. She has a bunch of the older Barbie dolls (some of which were my mom's old ones) Even an I Love Lucy collector doll and the Barbie Sugar Plum Fairy doll. Which were my favorites when I was younger. So, yeah all that to say more Barbie posts of yours would be really fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's really, really cool! It sounds like she has a great collection. I'd love to do more Barbie posts in the future!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Concerns, New baking recipes? Let me know here in the comments!

Our Viewers are Loving: