Just Some Opinions on GOTY 2024

     


    GUYS. I AM LOSING MY EVER-LOVING MIND RIGHT NOW. Seriously, I just had to take some deep breaths. If you're wondering why I'm going crazy, it has to do with the Girl of the Year 2024 release! I literally just got home from school, and I wanted to quickly make an opinions/reactions post! I saw a few of these items when they leaked and before I left for school, but I'm still overly hyped up right now, so bear with me. 🤣 And yes, I realize that I literally just posted last night. Go check that out if you haven't already! As always, you guys know the drill. I'm way too optimistic and polite to be making opinion posts, so here's my usual request not to throw rotten tomatoes at me! Let's get into this!

Lila 18-inch Doll & Journal
First of all, we have the doll herself! I think Lila is so gorgeous. Of course, these photos are terrible, so go check out the better ones on AG's website! I'm noticing this thing currently where I'm not bonding well with Josefina molds, the one exception being my Rebecca that I haven't introduced on the blog, but I really want Lila! She'd be a little basic for my liking if she didn't have Evette's freckle pattern and amber eyes, but since both of those things are missing from my collection, I think she'd be a great addition! I have to compliment how good Lila looks in her stock photos. Usually, dolls don't photograph that well in AG's stock photos, but when I first saw the leaks for Lila, I noticed that she was actually pretty cute! I also want to compliment her meet outfit! Her meet outfit is, in my opinion, one of the best Girl of the Year meet outfits we've had. It looks like something my dolls would wear! I am a little sad that they gave her a journal, however. I still prefer the actual books, personally. 

Lila's Accessories 
Next up is Lila's accessories! They're decent! I really, really like the fanny pack, or as AG calls it, "cross body bag." Fanny packs/"cross body bags" are super in style right now! I also love the sunglasses. They're, again, trendy. And, you can never have too many doll phones. Or at least, I can't, because I only have two. 🤣 The hair ties and gems don't have much play value, though. I know those hair ties are gonna break and the gems are going to lose their sticky, so they probably won't last for more than, like, one use. However, at $30, this set is priced a bit lower than most accessory sets, so I appreciate that it feels like AG has accounted for that. The set also includes a hair styling booklet, which is neat. 

Hollyhock Horse
Oh gosh... I'm going to start with the fact that I've never been a horse person. There are a lot of things I could say about horses, but I'm not going to go into rambling. However, I've never seen such a... colorful horse. But is it going to sell ✨so well✨ with AG's target audience? That's a big yes. 

Honeycrisp Hill Horse Stable
Again, I'm not a horse person, so my response to this is "cool." Looks like it has some good features and play value, though. 

Lila's Horseback Riding Outfit
When Lila first leaked a few days ago, everyone thought this was her meet outfit. 😭 I don't completely hate it, but I was extremely excited when I found out what her actual meet outfit was! The vibes here are so 10 year-old girl it's insane. I think AG kind of knocked it out of the park with Lila and her collection, as far as appealing to their target audience. 

Mighty Mae Dog
I have too many AG pets, and I've kind of gotten to the point where I don't care about AG pets anymore, so yeah. I feel like a corgi is such a 10 year-old girl vibe and I'm actually finding it so amusing how much Lila fits in with AG's target audience. Also the dog is named Mighty Mae and I have no idea how to react to that. 😭

Lila's Gymnastics Competition Outfit 
I'm not a gymnastics person. AT ALL. So, I'm kind of indifferent on the gymnastics stuff. But, the color palette for this leotard is really nice! I love Lila's color palette. The orange is pretty unique compared to every other GOTY. 

Lila's Gymnastics Equipment 
My honest thoughts are, "Cool. A gymnastics set." I actually have the old one. It's incomplete, but honestly I never use it anyway.

Lila's Gymnastics Practice Outfit
 
I really like this outfit! The sandals are especially cute! I probably wouldn't buy it, though, just because I'm more of a historical doll person and I usually don't buy GOTY outfits unless I'm obsessed with the GOTY and their whole collection. Since I don't relate to Lila's story much, I'll probably just get the doll if anything.

Lila's Gym Bag and Gear 
This set is soooo cute! The bag is really pretty and I love how AG has the accessories sticking out of it in the stock photo. 

Lila's Sparkle and Dream PJs
I usually don't like the GOTY pajamas, but Lila's are literally so cute! Good job AG for making good GOTY pajamas this year! 

And that's everything! Overall, I think Lila will really appeal to American Girl's target audience. She has major 10 year-old vibes and it was a smart decision to release her before 2024, since people can buy her for the holidays. I really do like the doll, which is great because I totally need another doll (not). Also, this was the main reason I was freaking out at the beginning of my post, but apparently McKenna Brooks, GOTY 2012, is Lila's gymnastics coach! Tell me that's not the crossover of the century! I actually have McKenna Brooks, so I think that's the coolest thing ever! 

Alright, I have to go do my homework now. (It's for theatre class though, so it's fun.) Remember to eat your veggies and I'll see you guys later! Bye! <3 





















Comments

  1. Theatre classsss...I wish I had that. *looks at Honors Chem homework*
    I agree with you! I think Lila herself is really cute but very aggressively 10-year-old girl. I do think it's kind of fun that they added McKenna to her story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lucked out on theatre class, but I feel you... I'm in AP Chem this year. 😭
      She is, and I don't know why that's so funny to me. 😭😭 I just KNOW there a going to be a ton of kids begging for that horse.

      Delete
  2. I actually really don't mind her collection! Yeah it's totally aimed for 10 year olds but I still like it! I myself am super glad they created another GOTY with a horse because I have horses irl. Love the stable but I think the horse itself looks like Glitter Girls made it. I know it's aimed for smaller kids but still..loved the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it’s not for me, but I like it! A GOTY with horses was overdue, I think. Horses are definitely a big interest to a lot of people, and that’s great! The horse is very Glitter Girls-esque. I’m glad you enjoyed the review!

      Delete
  3. The dog looks like a loaf of nice warm pumpkin bread...yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lila sure is cute, and definitely right for the target audience! I LOVE that they made McKenna her coach. LIKE MY CHILDHOOD HAS COME FULL CIRCLE. That's insane!! I do think it's a little odd that she likes both horses AND gymnastics... it seemed a bit much to me. But Saige liked both horses and art so I guess it's just a little Saige/McKenna crossover. :') Do you think you'll be getting Lila?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! Right?? Ok, I wasn't into AG yet when McKenna was around, but I have a McKenna doll that I found in a flea market a few years ago, and I'm ecstatic to see her in Lila's stories!! It's crazy! Miss Girl clearly has more hobbies than I do... 😂😭 I'm done with growing my collection, but she's definitely a doll I would love to have, so I might have to make an exception!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Concerns, New baking recipes? Let me know here in the comments!

Our Viewers are Loving: