Rowan at the Stanley ~ A Photoshoot

Hey guys! While trying to decide what to do on our last day of vacation, my mom suggested that we tour this old hotel in the area. Turns out, this "hotel" that my mom was talking about was the Stanley hotel. Yes, the actual Stanley hotel. As in, the famous super-haunted hotel that inspired Stephen King's "The Shining." I'll admit I know nothing about the Shining, but as a history buff with a slight fascination for the paranormal, I have definitely heard of the Stanley hotel. We did a tour, which was super cool, and afterwards I did a quick photoshoot with Rowan! It's pretty short, but I LOVE how these photos turned out, and I hope you guys do too! 


I seriously LOVE these photos. Like, for real, I'm kind of obsessed. In these pictures, you can see the front of the hotel and the hedge maze right behind Rowan. 


The lighting is gorgeous, and I think it's a bit different than what I normally do. It's almost a Rembrandt lighting type of situation.  I actually didn't edit these because I thought they looked pretty good already. 


This photo unfortunately turned out kind of blurry. It's not my favorite shot, but I included it anyway.


Whether or not you believe in ghosts, I thought visiting the Stanley hotel was a really cool experience. All of the ghosts that supposedly haunt the hotel are said to be friendly. 


The side of the building to the left of Rowan's head is the wing that houses room 217, the famous room that Stephen King stayed in. You can maybe barely make out the balcony to the room, but it's pretty blurred. We got to see the door to the room on the tour, and the people who were staying in it let us look inside. It's actually a very nice room. 

That's all for today! Like I said, it was a short photoshoot, but definitely worth it! Until next time, have a great day and remember to eat your veggies! 

 

Comments

  1. Cute outfit! I don't really like the Sonali mold, but 112 has THE most gorgeous hair. Congratulations on getting her! Maybe I would like her more without the painted lashes. Hmm, this is giving me an idea... would love to one day make a custom PC Addy with a 112 wig!
    - Another paranormal-fascinated person who has never read The Shining ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I totally get why the Sonali mold isn't as liked. I personally love 112, though. :) I love that idea, I want an Addy mold with this curl pattern SO BAD.

      Delete
  2. you are literally delivering quality and quantity with all of these photoshoots now and I am so here for it
    Rowan is super gorgeous, and surprisingly so is the hotel, as a person who has an aversion to the paranormal, haha. I loved all of these photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you!
      I know, I did not expect the hotel to be so pretty, but these are definitely aesthetically some of my favorite photos I've ever taken. :)

      Delete
  3. This is so freaking cool! I'm a bit of history buff myself and am fascinated with the paranormal but simultaneously terrified of it. I live in Colorado, but I've never been to the Stanley, but always wanted to. These photos turned out so good! And Rowan is such a gorgeous doll <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks! Sounds like we have a lot in common. 😅 I thought the Stanley was pretty cool, and definitely recommend visiting!

      Delete
  4. her hair is so perfect. These photos are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Concerns, New baking recipes? Let me know here in the comments!

Our Viewers are Loving: