Sk8r ~ A Photoshoot

 

Hey guys! Idk how to write this intro today... ðŸ¤” Eh, well, I mentioned in my last post that I had done a photoshoot with my new doll, Carmen, (at least I think I did, I'm actually writing this post first) and this is that photoshoot! 


I love, love, love this photo and it might be my favorite one. The goal of this photoshoot was to get pictures of Carmen on the skateboard, but I eventually gave up on that and took this one. Carmen's just so pretty, ugh.... 


This is the full-body version of the same photo. It looks super blurry and I'm pretty sure it's not just my Chromebook making it look that way this time. The framing and lighting is also... not great. 


Gahhh! The movement in this photo is so amazingggg. It's a little unfortunate that you can't tell she's on the skateboard, but she fell off before I could get a full-body shot! 😡 It was super windy out, and I think the way the wind was blowing in her hair really makes it look like she's skateboarding. But it also didn't help her stay on the board at all. The uneven ground and her loose limbs weren't any help, either. 


This photo was taken like 10 minutes after the one above when I FINALLY got her to stay on the skateboard for more than 5 seconds. The framing is kind of awful, though. The lighting's not that lovely, either. I think I was holding my reflector at the wrong angle. 


Aside from the lighting being kind of bad, this photo is exactly the skateboarding picture I wanted. 


Is it bad I like this one more than the other ones of her visibly on the skateboard? 


This one's cute! I wanted to get a shot that looked like she was concentrating on skateboarding, and I think I succeeded. Without that context, it just kind of looks like a basic portrait. 


THIS IS WHAT I HAD TO DEAL WITH!!! 😡 I don't think Carmen's a skateboarder... 

And that's all for now! I hope you guys enjoyed these photos! I'll have another post out soon because I went crazy with photoshoots and writing posts over winter break. Have a great day and remember to eat your veggies! Bye! <3

Comments

  1. All of these are great! I think the fact that you can get shots in less than ideal lighting is also really impressive! PS: Tell Carmen not to worry, I’m not a skateboarder either. 😜

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're right, the first one's gorgeous!
    i mean, not every photoshoot is going to turn out perfectly, especially with wind, but I think the pictures turned out really nicely! I love the setting, too. The color of the sky complements everything really well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks! I consider it a win if I get one photo I like. 😅

      Delete
  3. These pictures turned out so cool! Though the wind is SO annoying when it comes to doing doll photography, it made Carmen's hair look so magical <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes the wind is totally worth it!

      Delete
  4. Aww, Carmen is so cute and that outfit looks so good on her!! I actually really love dolls with bangs (but, this kind, not the Samantha and Molly kind), even if it can be a bit dated now. Also, Carmen just looks like such a cool kid, but in a very kind way. I can't wait to see more of her!
    That third picture is absolutely my favourite! Super well done!
    -FP88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I tried to put together an outfit that gave off cool vibes, so I love that her personality came across! I love dolls with bangs, too, even the Molly and Samantha kind, but I think the kind of bangs Carmen has are the absolute best.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Concerns, New baking recipes? Let me know here in the comments!

Our Viewers are Loving: