Review of Kit’s School Outfit



       What’s up cool cats and kittens? I felt like changing up my intro, clearly. And yes, I’m very aware that I just posted today. And yeah, that’s a link to it so that you can read it if you haven’t. 

       Kit was my second doll, and she really got me into history and American Girl. I was too young to really care about those things when I got Marie-Grace, but I had just learned to read when I got Kit and the timing was perfect. When I heard that they were rereleasing her, I had to snatch up the outfit I didn’t have! Since my review of Isabel and Nicki was so popular, I thought I’d do another review! This time I’m reviewing Kit’s School Outfit! 



       Here’s the box it comes in. Unfortunately it seems that Kit’s rerelease is temporary. The box is reminiscent of the 35th anniversary dolls. I do keep all my AG boxes, but Kirsten’s is in storage right now, so I couldn’t compare it. 



       Molly’s stuff doesn’t come in boxes like this. Molly’s boxes are the standard AG historical boxes and Kit’s are special edition. 



       Here it is compared to another special edition outfit. The box is different here as well. 



       I promised myself I wouldn’t take 1000000000000 unboxing photos, but it was packaged very nicely. :) 



       The shirt is a thick cotton material. It has super cute puffy sleeves and a collar and shirt cuffs that match the jumper. The collar and cuffs are an even thicker material. (And the shirt is really thick!) 



       The jumper is very thick. I wonder if the material is supposed to simulate the chicken feed sacks that Kit’s family used to make clothes? I’m not positive if the books say this outfit was made from feed sacks or not. The bodice is lined, and it’s very nice all-around. 



       I like the shoes way more than I expected. AG’s shoe quality is pretty standard, and these definitely reach this standard. 


       The belt matches the jumper. The buckle is hard plastic. 



       The socks are particularly soft and fluffy. They have a nice texture to them as well. 


 
        The comb is plastic. It seems pretty durable, but the teeth do move a little bit if you purposefully try to bend them. (Don’t do that. There’s no reason to.) 



       Here’s the pamphlet it comes with. It doesn’t say anything about the outfit being special edition. That’s also Molly’s school desk in the picture. Kit didn’t get a school desk, but rather the desk she had at home. I think it’s a justifiable substitute, but I would love for AG to rerelease Molly’s school desk. :) 

        Here’s what the rest of the pamphlet looks like:



WHY IS THIS UPSIDE DOWN?! 




 
       Now it’s time for the fit test! Here’s my Kit. She was purchased in 2016, so she is Beforever. Also slightly unrelated, but she has neck strings. I also want to mention that the outfit she is wearing in the picture above is pretty big on her. It’s probably from the early 2000s? That’s just a guess, but it’s definitely not from the rerelease, to be clear. 



        Here’s the full school outfit on her. I could not get the comb to look right, but it may be because my Kit has shorter hair than the pre-Beforever and rerelease dolls. 



       The outfit is definitely the tiniest bit big. It is not nearly as big as her birthday outfit that she was wearing a couple pictures up. These pictures show just how slightly large it is:









        It would fit an older doll great. :) I didn’t feel like trying it on any of my older dolls. :) 



       The shoes slipped onto her feet easily without me even having to take the factory ties out. I think they are roomy enough to fit even a Pleasant Company doll. 

         Overall, this outfit is awesome! I give it a solid 11 out of 10 with a 100% recommendation! It would be cool to have the old one to compare with, but it’s definitely very high-quality for AG and I’m sure it matches the older outfit perfectly! That’s all for today- I promise this time! Have a great week (x2) and remember to eat your veggies! Bye! 

         - E, the girl behind JustDolling

Comments

  1. So. Many. Veggies. 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is too cute! I would love to get it off of eBay or something someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s adorable! Maybe AG will decide to keep it around so the secondhand prices for it aren’t too bad.

      Delete
  3. Viola (otherwise known as the blogger who has a name that has nothing to do with her content)Apr 12, 2023, 6:24:00 PM

    Well, problem is I promised my aunt I wouldn't eat my veggies so I wouldn't be as tall as her ( i'm 5'5 and she's 5'7) and so I have to let you down on the veggie part.

    GRRRREEEEAAAATTTTT HHHHHHAAAAUUULLLL!!!!! And yes, I did just eat sugar! ( I'm sorry I'm VERY hyper right now)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! But didn’t you know that it’s a conspiracy that the vegetables are planning to rise up and revolt against humans? So, we need to eat them now before they can take over the world! That’s totally true. *smiles and nods*

      Delete
    2. *SIGH* Well , I guess I need to save the planet

      Delete
  4. It's giving modern Dorthey from Wizard of Oz vibes! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, now that you mention it, it does remind me of Dorthy! This outfit is meant to be from 1934, so it’s the same time period as the Wizard of Oz! (A few years earlier, technically.)

      Delete
    2. Hehe I'm getting better at my dating ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Concerns, New baking recipes? Let me know here in the comments!

Our Viewers are Loving: