Claudie (A photoshoot)

       Hello friends!!!! How are you today? I’m actually writing this on Sunday, but I assume I’m doing really good as you’re seeing this! I’m on vacation, and I mean, that’s pretty hard to beat. So, a little over a week ago, I made Claudie a new dress and did a photoshoot with her! It was apparently Claudie Wells appreciation day when I took these, which was completely coincidental, but I feel like I deserve an award or something for that timing. ;) She’s also rumored to get some new stuff later this week, and I’ll get to go to the American Girl store, so I’m super excited! Anyway, enjoy this amazingly well-timed photoshoot. <3


       I found this spot in my house that gets enough natural light for me to not need to use my big studio lights! Be prepared to see a lot more photo shoots in this room lol. I think this photo is kind of meh, but it was the first one I took, so it was sort of a tester. Also, is it just blogger killing the quality, or is this photo kind of blurry…? 

       I like this one way more!!! I haven’t actually done a photoshoot with Claudie before this, so a lot of this photoshoot was learning what angles flatter her face mold. It’s really such a unique face mold and I think it makes her such a cute and unique doll. 

       I absolutely love this photo. I feel like there are too many shadows and Claudie’s face isn’t exactly in focus enough, but I really like how she’s standing and the way her hair looks. Also, we’ll pretend the baseboard is straight in this picture. The hardest part of this photoshoot was lining up the photo so the baseboard was horizontal. 

       I love how sweet Claudie looks in this photo. I have to be honest… Claudie is my favorite American Girl character. I’m super into the AG books and I read Claudie’s second book on my way to Wisconsin for the benefit sale. I honestly have no words for how much I loved it! I really relate to Claudie. <3 

       This isn’t my favorite photo. I don’t really like the angle it was taken at. Of course, Claudie is as cute as always. 

       She’s so cute looking off to the side. This photo was me trying to add a little more variety to this photoshoot lol. I really like it! 

       …I might like this one even more! (And I love her dress.) I feel like this post is just turning into me fangirling over Claudie, so for those curious about her dress: I found the fabric at a flea market. It has the cutest rose pattern! I already had the cream fabric that I used for the collar and cuffs. I adapted an a-line dress pattern from a doll pattern book I have to create the pattern for the bodice. I eyeballed the skirt and belt, but the sleeves, collar, and cuffs also came out of the pattern book. 

Occupation: Aspiring Beam of Light
       That’s the first thing that comes to my mind when I see this picture. But seriously, why does that caption fit her story so well?? 

       And here’s a picture of… the pleats that are already falling out of her dress. 🤦‍♀️ Welp. Don’t look at those. Look at… that nice hardwood floor instead. It’s such a pretty color of hardwood floor! I wonder what kind of wood it is…? Lol.

       I hope you guys enjoyed this photoshoot! Like I said, I’m on vacation, but maybe I’ll have some pictures to share when I get back! I did bring a doll. :) I’m also going to the AG store the day after Claudie’s rumored to get new stuff, so I’m excited. :) I’m either going to get a new doll or something for Claudie.

       …Which reminds me, I bought a new doll right before my trip. >:) I should not be allowed on eBay. 

      Have a great week and remember to eat your veggies! <3

Comments

  1. These are soo cute! That dress is PERFECTION - I need to start sewing more historical clothes! I've been kind of on the fence about getting Claudie since she came out, but I think I might need to officially add her to my wishlist! (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Historical clothes are really fun to sew! Yes, definitely add Claudie to your wishlist!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Haha, I love impulse buying doll stuff!
    Claudie looks sooo pretty in this photoshoot, and I love the dress that you made! Her rich skin and the hardwood floors complement each other so well. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Impulse buying doll stuff is… a hobby. 🤣 Thanks, RJ!

      Delete
  3. love the dress and the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Claudie is such a gorgeous doll!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Concerns, New baking recipes? Let me know here in the comments!

Our Viewers are Loving: