Answering Your Questions!

 


Heyyyy guys! Today we're moving on to the answer part of the Q and A! Thank you so, so much to everyone who asked questions; there were a ton of responses! I had a few repeat questions, so I'll give combined credit to everyone who asked them. ;) You guys genuinely asked such great questions, I really had to think hard to answer these! So, without further ado, let's get into it! 

I'm going to start with Brooklyn's questions! 

Which retired AG doll do you want the most?
For the first time ever, I'm super content with my collection and there aren't really any more dolls I'm going to be seeking out. There are definitely some rare retired dolls I'd jump at the chance to get if they were a great price, so I'd say the retired doll I want the most right now is Truly Me 86. I love her purple hair. I also really like Jly 43 and 45. 

What's your favourite AG accessory pack?
This is actually such a great question because I tend to collect more of the dolls and their outfits rather than their accessories. I'd say maybe Courtney's TV & Fitness Accessories. That working TV is the coolest thing ever! 

Have you gotten any more AG dolls this past month?
I would love to say no to this question. 😅 I've done so good with not getting any new AG dolls lately. I may or may not have purchased a doll at the end of November, but I don't actually have her yet, so *technically* I don't know if it counts. Very vague, I know, but that's all I'm saying for now. I'll explain later. 

These next questions are from Hailey: 

What has been your greatest inspiration with doll blogging? 
I take so much inspiration from my own life. The things I watch, stuff I do, and even as of late, what I learn in school all contribute to so many of my posts. What's going on in my life really contributes to my dolls' personalities as well. Maryellen is into paranormal stuff because I was watching a lot of alien and history shows on TV when I got her, for example. I've done a horrible job of featuring Caroline, but she's very heavily based off a lot of what I'm learning in school. I even recently found an unfinished photostory draft inspired by my frustrations with a book I was reading for school at the time. 

What was your very first doll?
Marie-Grace was my very first (AG) doll. I got her for Christmas 2013.
(And here's a picture from when I got her.) 

Do you have a favorite, photography or writing, when it comes to blogging? 
As much as I love writing, I think photography is my favorite. I've been doing photography for a really long time, and it's something I really enjoy. Writing is a much newer hobby of mine, and while I enjoy it, I haven't felt satisfied with a lot of my photostories. I think the problem is that I have a ton of lore and stuff that I've created for my dolls, but I never use it! My goal for the new year is to write my photostories moving on where my dolls are human characters living in a fictional town instead of dolls that live in a human world. 

From Forest Poodle:

What's your favorite word? (Or, you know, just a word you like)
I've been going back and forth on this question for a while now. 😅 I'll go with "pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis" just because of the sheer fact that it's typically considered the longest word in the English language and it's very funny to say and watch people's reactions. 

Books or movies?

I will admit... and don't throw rotten tomatoes at me.... that I don't like watching movies very much and I don't read very often. (I used to be a huge bookworm. That's actually how I got my second doll.) I think I'll go with books because it's more the fact that I can't find books I'm interested in versus the fact that I just don't like movies. The main exception is the Barbie movie. ❤ 


If you were dividing your dolls into team "books" and team "movies," which side do you think would win, based mostly on numbers?

I think books would win! I have a lot of dolls who are very much the type to curl up with a good book.


Who's your favorite AG historical? (bonus question, is it more because of their personality/story or because of the time period?)
My favorite historical is Claudie. <3 It's definitely because of her story. I think she is so, so important and Brit Bennett did an absolutely astonishing job writing her books. I also have an extremely personal connection with her character because I felt very talent-less and uncreative compared to the people around me when she first came out, exactly the way Claudie feels in Harlem. I literally cried the first time I read the blurb on the back of her book because she sounded just like me. I read Claudie's second book on my way to the benefit sale this summer, and I held my composure until I finished reading. But when my mom asked me how it was, I started crying. 😭 Her discovery that it's more important to do things you love than things you're good at is exactly what happened to me during the time between her release and her second book, and I was ecstatic that she fell in love with writing just like I did?? So yes, I love Claudie if you couldn't tell.

From Reesa:

Which of your dolls looks most like you?
Eden looks the most like me! She was purchased as my look-a-like. It's funny because around the time of the Truly Me revamp, I was starting to want a doll that looked like me, but I didn't feel like any preexisting combinations looked similar enough. I actually planned out a look-a-like custom at some point (that of course needed some pieces from harder-to-find dolls). But, then the Truly Me revamp leaked and I couldn't believe my luck! The biggest difference is that my hair is darker with looser curls and a middle part. I do look quite a bit like Caroline as well, but I'm still convinced Caroline's eyes are green (mine are kind of a blue-grey), and my skin tone is unmistakably the lightest one (like, I think Eden is actually even darker than me).

If you could bring back any retired doll, who would you bring back?
I think I'd bring back Kirsten or Felicity. I think it would make the most sense to bring back a historical character, and since I have all of the historicals, I would love for AG to re-release some of the historicals that I don't have many outfits for. Felicity and Kirsten's collections are soooooooo expensive, and I'd love to get some of that for retail price. 😅 

What retired outfit/mix and match collection do you wish you'd gotten while it was available?
SO. MANY. I was getting extremely into AG around the end of the Beforever era, and they were releasing a ton of outfits that ended up retiring super quickly and are now so hard to find. I'm literally kicking myself for not getting more of Kit and Julie's outfits as a 9-year old child. I'm a huge historical fashion nerd, so the historical outfits are really a huge focus I have in my collection. Julie's New Year outfit and Rebecca's Play Outfit are going to haunt my dreams forever. 💔

What do you most want from AG right now?
I really want the re-released vinyl jumper and millennium outfits in Nicki and Isabel's collection.

From RJ:

If you had to get rid of one doll from your collection, who would you get rid of?
You guys have probably only ever seen this doll if you've been around this blog for at least a year or have read the meet the dolls page, but I have a Kailey Hopkins with an orange vinyl defect that I really don't want anymore. 😭 The orange is not a good look, and it kills me because she's in great condition otherwise and I probably overpaid for her.

Which AG collector doll would you most like to get?
Soooo... remember earlier when I said I got a new doll at the end of November that I don't have yet? Well, I may or may not have pre-ordered the AG X Barbie collector doll! I've always wanted a collector doll, and with my recent Barbie obsession, I couldn't pass her up. ❤ She's definitely the collector doll I've wanted the most, but I don't know if she counts since I technically do have her, so otherwise I low-key regret not getting Sapphire Splendor. She was such a unique doll and I love her color palette. I also loved the modern versions of the original 6 historicals that AG collaborated with Harlem Fashion Row to make in 2021. They were one-of-a-kind, and they were auctioned off around the time WBU came out. Samantha, Molly, and Kirsten were my favorite.

Who is your dream doll, and how much would you spend to get her?
I truthfully don't really have a dream doll right now. Like I said earlier, I like TM 86 and 43, and I've sort of been watching out for those two to see if I can find them for cheap. Otherwise, I think my next long-term collection goal is going to be collecting the white bodies, since I have all the historicals now. I'd like to get all three of them for $100-$180 each, which I know is a really low price to expect to pay, but I've seen white bodies go for that low before, and I'm very cheap and ambitious when it comes to my collection. It's actually kind of funny. Outside of AG, I really, really want a ponytail Barbie from the 60's.

What is your best doll blogging tip?
Something I do to keep up with posting once a week or once every other week is brainstorming post ideas and trying to come up with a loose schedule for things. Keep in mind, I am not an organized person AT ALL, so I mostly save my ideas mentally and roll with whatever I find the most practical to work on at a given time. I usually naturally start thinking about my upcoming posts on Thursday, and aim to post on Monday. Sometimes, if I have a lot of really good ideas for posts far out in the future, I'll start writing it out in a Google Doc. A lot of my post ideas do fall through, but if I come up with 3 or so ideas for upcoming posts every week, then I can have a plan B. Sometimes, though, something will come up and I'm not always able to finish a post, which is why this is getting posted a little later than I wanted. 😅 

Dream job?
I'm not really sure what I want to do in the future, but since I really like history, I think I'd like to be a historian.

Hobbies outside of dolls?
All of my hobbies tie into dolls somehow, but I love sewing, photography, and writing. So, more or less all the things that I blog about. 😅 I definitely don't relate what I do to dolls 100% of the time, though.

Most challenging thing you've ever done?
This is such a good question. 😭 I've done a lot of challenging things. I think something that sticks out a lot to me is going through several years of my life without any "real" friends. For some reason, I had the hardest time making friends in elementary/middle school. It was especially hard for me around the time that Covid hit, so I relied on my dolls a lot during this time. 

Although another part of me wants to say that the midterms I just got through were the most challenging thing ever...

From Sir Ray the 3rd:

Who is your bestest friend ever?
My lawyers advise me not to answer this question. 😭 😉

From vivienne.leeeeeeee:

Collectively how much do you think you've spent on your dolls?
Oof... it's easily in the thousands. That sounds insane, I know. I work really hard to earn my own money, and since I'm a teenager who doesn't have to pay bills with no other interests to splurge on, all of my money goes into dolls. I'm really grateful to get to spend so much money on dolls, but yeah. Don't throw rotten tomatoes at me. I think it does help that I have a tendency to get good deals, so my collection is worth maybe(?) 3 times what I've spent on it.

From 333344455:

What is your shoe size bbg?
(This question came from a friend of mine, so don't even question it. 😭)
I usually wear a women's 7 or 8.

From tua mater vinci totalum:

What is your favorite doll outfit?
Lately it's been Molly's Skirt and Sweater set or her Polka-Dot outfit, both of which I got over the summer for amazing prices and am obsessed with.

Can you make it for real people?
I could probably make the skirt for Molly's Skirt and Sweater set, and I would definitely be able to make Molly's Polka-Dot outfit in people-size!

From Brooklyn and Natalia:

How long have you been collecting dolls for?
10 years (almost to the day)! I got my first AG doll for Christmas 2013. I started considering my doll obsession a "collection" maybe around the time I was 11 or 12, which was a few years ago.

From Brooklyn, Sir Ray the 3rd, vivienne.leeeeeeee, and sophia:

What is your favorite doll? (vivienne.leeeeeee added: "not including Allan" lol)
HMMMM... Well, since it can't be ALLAN.... 🤔 I actually don't think Allan is my favorite doll. He's in the top 3, though. I get asked this question a lot, and the answer always changes. For a while, though, it's been Min-Ji. I think you can probably tell that I love her if you've been here a while. She's my Jly 4 that I found in a flea market last year for $40, so there's a lot of emotional attachment to her.

From Sir Ray the 3rd and vivienne.leeeeeeee:

What was the most expensive doll you've bought?
Definitely the AG X Barbie collector doll for the low, low price of $300. 😭 I'm actually so broke right now that my parents bought her and are letting me pay them back for her over the summer. I have amazing parents.

These next questions were asked anonymously:

Why do you always say "remember to eat your veggies?"
I actually don't know. 😅 I was writing a reintroduction post after a 2-year hiatus from blogging and I thought it would be a quirky sign-off.

Do YOU eat veggies?
Yessss. :)

If so, what is your favorite veggie?
I can't say I have a favorite. 😅

Which doll would most likely be a vegetable lover? Why?
Probably Lea. She strikes me as the organic diet type.

And that's all! Thank you so much to everyone who submitted questions! This was so much fun. 😊 Hopefully I'll have another post out on Monday. (Christmas, oooh!) Have a fantabulous week and remember to eat your veggies! Bye! <3

Comments

  1. This was spectacular! I loved learning so many and unique things about you and your doll collection (cough, cough, obsession ;-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's *totally* not an obsession, I have no idea what you're talking about. ;)

      Delete
  2. fun! i love reading q&as. a historian would be so interesting! I can definitely see how the ag books would have an effect there...
    I can't believe you got the Barbie collector doll! she sold out in, like, 9 hours...you MUST review her IMMEDIATELY when you get her lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Q&A's are so much fun! Yes, I'm very much a history nerd, and it's very much because of AG. 😂
      I bought her literally as soon as she was released for Berry Members! 😭 I am 1000% going to review her the absolute SECOND I get her, but she doesn't ship until next year, so it's gonna be a while. 😅

      Delete
  3. I loved reading your answers to all the questions <3 Q&As are so much fun! I feel like you can learn so much more about a person just by reading a few questions and answers like these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again I missed seeing your posts! No matter, I am here now. (actually, I tried to comment last week and it wouldn't go through . . . )
    I really liked reading all your answers to these! I'm similar to you in terms of books and movies. I actually get rather easily scared/bothered by movies but I love books, it's just hard to find good ones (that, and time to actually read them!).
    Oh, Claudie's just the sweetest thing! I don't know a ton about her, but I have no clue how anyone couldn't like her!
    Love how you always remind us to eat our veggies - vegetables rock!!
    -FP88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, it's okay! Blogger is funky sometimes. 😭 I'm honestly so behind on reading your posts, too. 😭😭
      Thanks! Yesss, I totally get it.
      Same! I think she's so precious!
      Vegetables are the best!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Concerns, New baking recipes? Let me know here in the comments!

Our Viewers are Loving: