Making Headlines ~ Another (not-so-AG) Photoshoot

                                        
    Heyyyy peoples! I'm back with more Barbie content! I've been having a ton of fun with my Barbie stuff, and as you can tell, taking plenty of pictures along the way. 🤣 Not that my AG dolls have been forgotten in the slightest, but it's exciting to me to try something new with a new-to-me doll! I'm still obsessing over the historical significance of these dolls, and whether or not you consider Barbie something completely life changing, I think there's a significant and fascinating history to be told in the story of Barbie. The idea to photograph Barbie in front of newspaper came from my mom, and I think it captures a lot of meaning. So, enjoy the photoshoot! (As I casually geek out about Barbies.) 


    Isn't she a beauty? I know she's from 1962, just 3 years after the first Barbies were sold in 1959, and I'm fairly certain that she's an ash blonde bubble cut (although her hair color also seems pretty close to titan/red). I will say that this isn't my favorite picture. I'm pretty sure I took this one before I got out my third studio light, so it's a bit shadowy. 


    Again a bit shadowy. I adore this girl so much. 😭 That face!! 😭😭😭😭


    Now here's an even better photo of her face! I love this picture so much. Her face is so original Barbie. (I mean, she is an original Barbie, so that checks out.😂)  It's so elegant and confident looking. It's giving, "I know my worth and I am not afraid to break you if you come too close." She's the original girlboss™. 


    Yes, this is the same picture but framed slightly differently. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I love how the newspaper is totally blurred. Also, I didn't edit these! I was going to add a vignette, but that seemed like too much work. It took, like, at least 30 minutes to upload these to my computer and I was kind of done by then. 


    This angle is ✨perfection.✨ She looks so powerful! 


    I love this one!! The little glasses slay me. They're such a vibe. 😭 


    And in case you couldn't see the glasses well enough, here's the same photo but zoomed in more. 😂 I prefer the one above because you can see a little bit of her dress and it just looks better in my opinion.


    This one is so cute! Barbie's limbs and head are slightly discolored, and unfortunately that shows up with her shawl off, but she's still honestly in really great condition for her age. 


    Eek, so cute! I don't know what else to say. I love all of these photos. 😝


    This is easily my favorite photo. I think her pose along with the angle and framing captures the vibes of OG Barbie so well. And again, the way the newspaper is blurred. 😭 And guysssss, look at the way she's holding her glassesssss. I can't even. 😭 It was actually kind of hard to get her to hold those, so I'm super happy. AND HER NAIL POLISH ACCENTS THE OUTFIT SO WELL!! It's just ✨perfection.✨ 


    This picture has a great view of her full dress. Everything she's wearing is authentic 1960s Barbie. I'm blown away with the quality and adorable-ness of all of her clothing items! I actually got Barbie, Ken, and Allan with a ton of clothes, so it's been fun dressing them up. But seriously, it's crazy how much attention to detail all of these pieces have! The dress has a little zipper down the back and the shawl is real fur! 


    What is there to say that hasn't been said? 


    Ah yes, a doll photoshoot wouldn't be complete without some sort of photo focusing on the doll's shoes, even if it's not an AG photoshoot! Barbie's shoes are so tiny, I didn't think she was going to be able to stand up in them! 


    And one more picture of this icon! She's awesome. ❤ 

    That's all for today! I hope you guys enjoyed! Out of curiosity, would you guys be interested in a birthday haul post? Or at least a doll-related birthday haul? My birthday is coming up, but I'll only do it if you guys are interested. As always, have a great day and remember to eat your veggies! Bye! <3

 

Comments

  1. WOAH she looks just like my Geography teacher...that's scary, (she's scary too but yk) hehe, loved this photoshoot! And real fur!? Really?! Fancy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOAH!! SCARY! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D Barbie is officially fancier than us.

      Delete
  2. The newspaper was a great idea! 😉 I’m voting for a Ken fashion photo shoot. That guy has more clothes than me! Love the bubble cut Barbie, though! She looks so classy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love that idea! Ken does have a ton of clothes.
      I love her, too. :)

      Delete
  3. This is such a cool concept and the photos turned out so good <3 By the way, if you're particularly interested in Barbie history, I would highly recommend watching The Toys That Made Us (Netflix) Barbie episode. I've watched that and many more of their episodes, and they're so entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll have to watch that! I've seen the Toys That Built America episode about Barbie, and it was really good, so that sounds right up my alley!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Concerns, New baking recipes? Let me know here in the comments!

Our Viewers are Loving: