Ranking AG's Holiday Collab

 


    Hey guys! I know, my schedule has been nonexistent. I've been taking a mini hiatus (?) for September. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to hop on and make a quick post! AG just released a preview of their holiday outfits for this year, and oh my goodness, I am IN LOVE. They've collabed with Janie and Jack again this year, and last Janie and Jack collection was already practically perfect in terms of aesthetic. This year, however, they've outdone themselves, with an adorable line that pays heritage to their original historical characters. I'm dubbing it "Pleasant Company core." 

    Don't ask why I'm writing this like a sponsored social media influencer lol. 

    Trust me, I am very far from being sponsored or an influencer. 

On to the rankings! (Also, I'm linking the images back to AG's website, so if you click on the image, it'll take you to the page on AG's website. Very snazzy indeed.) 

9. Winter-White Jacket for 18-inch Dolls

We've seen it before. Next.
That's all lol.
8. Rose Ballet Flats for 18-inch Dolls

These shoes are almost exactly like the shoes from the last Janie and Jack collab, which I do actually own, however, the previous ones were a solid red. I prefer this color palette a lot more, as it feels fresher.

7. Frosty Accessory Set for 18-inch Dolls



This set is SO Samantha-coded. According to AG, it is actually supposed to pay heritage to Samantha's collection! That makes me so happy, you have no idea. I would probably not use the hat very often, however. 

6. Holiday Rose Skirt for 18-inch Dolls
This is supposed to be inspired by Kirsten, and I think I see it. It's definitely a looser inspiration. Honestly, it's growing on me the more I look at it, but it wasn't my favorite piece at first. I think it's so cool that they used lace AND embroidery? Like, hello details?  
5. Holiday Plaid Skirt for 18-inch Dolls
Top five!! This skirt is inspired by Addy, and I honestly love this take on her Christmas outfit?? The colors have an untraditional winter vibe that still feel festive. The reason I ranked it 5 is because I felt like I might have trouble styling it. 
4. Holiday Plaid Dress for 18-inch Dolls
I ranked this one number 4 because it's more minimalist than the rest of the pieces, but I do love that about it. Not every holiday outfit has to be flouncy, and the simpler aesthetic feels like a more personal style. Plus, that makes it easier to dress up or down. 
3. Wrapped in Bows Top for 18-inch Dolls

Guys, the detail?? Why am I amazed they gave us lace AND bows?? This is so adorable! AG says this top is inspired by both Samantha and Addy, but it's honestly giving me yassified Beforever Samantha vibes. Which... is not a bad thing. 
2. Rose Fair Isle Sweater for 18-inch Dolls
OMGGGG KIRSTEN'S KNIT WOOLENS!! 
If you guys don't know, Kirsten's winter outfit is my favorite AG outfit ever. I am THRILLED to see a piece inspired by the very cardigan that will forever have a chokehold on me. I NEED the girl-sized sweater ASAP... 

I also like that this is the most gender-neutral piece in the collection. That makes it easy to style for a bunch of my dolls' different aesthetics. 
1. Holly-Red Party Dress for 18-inch Dolls

This is allegedly inspired by Samantha and Kit, but I'm honestly only seeing Samantha. I own both of those winter outfits, and I feel like the vibes are more Samantha. Regardless, I ranked this #1 because A) it's adorable, and B) for $40, I feel like you get pretty good bang for your buck. There's a lot of detail, the dress has both satin and lace, and it comes with the headband and purse. In the least, it's not overpriced. 

So that was a quick ranking post brought to you by my after-school burst of inspiration! 

And in some big news... hold on, let me make this more eye-catching... 

My next post will be an unboxing and/or review of the American Girl X Barbie collector doll! They've shipped early and mine is slated to arrive later this week. I want to do a video unboxing, which I should be able to post on the blog, if I can figure out how to actually make a decent video lol. I am SO EXCITED. 

And that's all for now! I'll see you later! Have a great week and remember to eat your veggies! Bye! <3 












Comments

  1. I've said it before, but I don't really keep up with AG except for with posts like this, so it's cool to see what they're up to nowadays.
    Shockingly, I kind of like this collection. I kind of wish they would just re-release the older outfits, but these are still kind of cute. If I still bought AG stuff, I'd probably buy some of these.
    I enjoyed reading your thoughts! I like your ranking too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literally tho AG releasing older outfits would be my DREAM COME TRUE.
      Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  2. ooh! I can't wait to see the Barbie AG!
    I didn't love this collection...I see the inspiration but I do think it makes it a little difficult to mix and match, which is most of my focus when I buy clothes for my dolls. Fun read though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that's fair! I guess it's a matter of personal style.
      I'm seriously so excited for Barbie, I have all my equipment set up to do a video when she gets here. :D

      Delete
  3. I LOVE this post! I laughed out loud at Kirsten having died in 2009 and reborn in 2024! Poor girl! AG should pay you! I was not going to add the Holiday Rose Skirt to my list because I didn't look hard enough that it had lace and embroidery but it's on my list now! I love that sweater too and all the outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that meme was my first thought when I saw the collection! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. I love that they included elements of their historical dolls! The sweater is SO CUTE. AS always, your commentary was hilarious! Can't wait to see your unboxing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! The sweater is my literal weakness. Thank you!
      Keep an eye out! I plan to have the post up on Monday. 👀

      Delete

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Concerns, New baking recipes? Let me know here in the comments!

Our Viewers are Loving: