Vintage Postcards ~ A Photoshoot
Hi guys! Ah, it's been a minute!! Or, at least, more time than I wanted between posts. Life has been crazy.
So here's a photoshoot.
Enjoy.
I think I mentioned I was going on my vacation in the last post? I went to Hawaii in July, and that was fun! I bought Carmen's dress from a gift shop on Maui, and doing a photoshoot with it has been on my to-do list for a while. I don't think I ever talk about how Carmen is one of my go-tos in my collection. A photoshoot with her has been overdue.
I took these on my back porch, and I actually really like the backdrop. My mom is accidentally growing pumpkins in our backyard, so I had to move some pumpkins out of the way to take these, which I found really amusing because it's August.
I decided to try out my camera's built-in filters, and the one I set it on... wasn't really my style, but I worked with it. In the editing process, I decided I wanted to do a vintage postcard kind of style. I do like it, but my only complaint is that Carmen's skin tone got kind of washed-out. She's a Truly Me 43, so she has the medium skin tone, but she looks very pale to me here.
I don't love some of the angles I took pictures at...
I do like this one, though!
Carmen has a bit of a downwards gaze. Sometimes I forget that and she doesn't end up looking at the camera. I think this one is a really good one, though.
I've been working so much lately... I know I mentioned I was starting a real job in my last post. I'm kind of split on my opinions because on one hand... I've had a lot of fun. On the other... there's already been drama.
But! One of my best stories so far is this: our store allows pets, so it's not uncommon for people to bring dogs, but the other day, someone brought a baby kangaroo!

I *have* spent my job money on some fun things. I have some AG stuff coming that I'm pumped about, and I'm on the lookout for my grail doll because I can actually afford to spend three hundred dollars on a doll?? And I bought my Barbie grail doll as well. I'm not usually someone who likes to spend money, and I guess I have kept most of my paychecks, but yeah. I don't really know where I'm going on this.
I actually really like the posing and angle in this shot.
I'm taking all concurrent college social science classes this semester, and I'm really enjoying that so far. Social sciences in general are definitely my area of interest.
Hm, okay, I only have 2 photos left and I'm running out of things to say. First: someone please remind me to take pictures for the photostory I'm working on. It needs to be done.
And finally, uh, I do have my new Meet the Dolls page up, but not all of the doll bios are finished? So enjoy the pictures for now, I guess, and I'll keep working on the bios.
Looks like this is the end of this post. Have a great week and remember to eat your veggies! Bye! <3











Comments
Post a Comment
Comments are always welcome!