A Quick look at AG's Monster High Collab
Listen, I'm not going to claim that AG hasn't made some weird choices lately, but, dang, they sure got me with this release. Everyone knows how much I love Monster High.
The same thing kind of happened with AG's Barbie Collab in 2023, now that I think about it...
So anyway, yes, I bought AG's Frankie Stein doll. I had to.
I had this exact same Monster High doll when I was little, and I have her now, too. I've always really gravitated towards Frankie, so I would definitely say she's one of my favorite MH characters! (Alongside Kieran Valentine and Abbey Bominable, if anyone cares.) Mary Shelley's Frankenstein is also my favorite book, so I feel like the inspiration just makes Frankie more sentimental.
And first, a mini-rant: I've been in AG's Berry Member tier for like... 7 years. I just went down to silver this year. I didn't really care... UNTIL NOW. I was frustrated. AG does not have the website infrastructure to handle a Monster High drop. Those things are brutal. And, much like I predicted, she sold out in 30 minutes on general release day. I actually purchased mine through a Shop loophole on Berry Member day, and I held my breath for so long hoping the order would go through. It took two whole days. Which was way too long to be on the edge of my seat.
But anyway, I did manage to get Frankie! She got held up at the post office during the holiday weekend, so I didn't get her as soon as I hoped I would.
Naturally, I thought I'd do a little post about her. I felt too lazy for a full unboxing or review, so here's a little comparison with my 2024 Creeproduction Frankie.
The recreation is really well done. Everything seems scaled properly, the skin tones match, and her stitches are well-placed. I think AG did a good job transferring some of the original doll's details into real metal pieces.
The metal earrings are awesome, and I like that AG used sparkly tulle for the sleeves instead of just black, like the original doll. AG has painted fingernails, which the original does not have. I do like this touch.
Here's a closer look at AG's belt, which has metal pieces. These are all molded plastic meant to mimic metal on the MH belt.
The earrings transferred well into metal, and they even added Frankie's bolts! I thought for sure that they'd just give her a bolt choker or something, but the bolts are actually drilled into the doll's neck.
Here's OG Frankie's face.
AG is a lot more juvenile looking, but I think she's sweet. Her lip paint could actually stand to be a couple shades darker. I think I would have preferred the Josefina mold on this doll, but Joss is cute too.
AG did the best with the shoes that they could, and they turned out well. The leg stitches match up, too. As you can see, however, MH's version comes with a stand, so that would have been a nice addition to this collector doll, although she seems to be marketed as more of a "budget" collector label.
My Creepro Frankie is actually a bit sparsely rooted, but here's a good look at her hairstyle.
AG's wig is heavier on black in the front, and has a lot more white in the back. I think this distribution of color comes from the fact that AG dolls are wigged, while MH are rooted. Rooted dolls tend to have more variation in hair color distribution from doll to doll.
Overall, I'm very happy with her! She's sweet and looks great with my Monster High display.
I also took her picture with my AG Classic Barbie collector doll. I think, for $225, I definitely get more value from Frankie. I do adore Barbie, but she's less detailed. Together, they make a very fun duo that encompass some of my biggest interests!
That's all for now! Have a great week and remember to eat your veggies! Bye! <3













Comments
Post a Comment
Comments are always welcome!