I FOUND JLY 4 IN A FLEA MARKET??? 😱

       

        So, I kind of lied in my other post. I said I would have another regularly scheduled post next week, but I finished writing it on Friday, before something crazy happened, so I’m posting both of these today. 

       Here’s the story: I check my mom’s Facebook marketplace everyday. On Saturday, I checked it earlier than usual because I forgot to the night before. I saw a new listing that said there were American Girl dolls in a flea market that just so happened to be near us. I was able to convince my mom to take me to see. 

      Ok, here’s the thing, I’ve been obsessed for a while with trying to find AG dolls in flea markets. I sometimes literally dream about it, and sometimes it can be an omen. I’ve gotten lucky before, but I’ve always had a sort of crazy “wouldn’t it be cool if…” dream about finding Jly 4 in a Flea Market. 

    Well, that actually happened. She was only $40 and I couldn’t resist. The timing probably couldn’t have been worse since I just got a new doll and Christmas is coming up, but I had to grab her before someone else snatched her up. The flea market was literally insane. They had TEN other dolls, including a Marie Grace, but I only bought Jly 4.



        Jly 4 is perfect beyond belief! She has silver eye and bubble eye and her nails have been painted, but other than that, she’s in amazing condition! I will be sending her to the doll hospital in a couple days, but until then I’ll be trying to come up with her name and personality. Her hair is so soft and shiny; it’s really not like any of my other dolls. 

        I’ve been so obsessed with her. I don’t know what I’m going to call her yet, though. I like the names Akira, Chō, Suzume, and Min-Ji. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions in the comments. I put her in Molly’s school outfit. That’s what she’s going to be wearing in my dolls’ family photo—- I finally finished dressing them all! 


      I was so excited about my haul that I was literally shaking. And then I dropped my change when I was checking out… 

     Other than Jly 4 (who I’ve just been calling Ms. Girl for now) I also bought Molly’s bed! I’ve been wanting her bed for ages and I’m super excited because it’s just the right size to fit in my dollhouse. I only paid $10 for it! 


     I also got this Kirsten Hallmark ornament. I’ve been collecting these old Hallmark AG things for a little while now, and this one is going to go on our Christmas tree with my 2 other AG Hallmark ornaments. I’ve been wanting one of Kirsten for a while. 


     I also got Julie’s Journey and Samantha’s movie. I’ve been wanting to watch Samantha’s movie for a long time, and since I guess it counts as a Christmas movie, I’ll have to watch it soon! 


      So that’s my crazy flea market haul! I’m definitely insanely excited about Jly 4. Let me know in the comments if you guys have any ideas for her name, backstory, or personality. That’s all for now! Remember to eat your veggies and I’ll be back next week! 

Comments

  1. I can’t believe you made such a great haul. That never happens! I think both names are great and I’m excited to see how even more precious she looks after visiting the doll hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of those names personally! But WOW. The eyes on that doll are stunning! I can't believe you found her in a flea market!! What luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Concerns, New baking recipes? Let me know here in the comments!

Our Viewers are Loving: