Tour of my Dollhouse —- The Living Room


        Hey everyone! For this week’s post, I thought it would be fun to do a tour of my dolls’ living room. I’ve shown the living room the most out of the rest of the dollhouse, and that’s mostly because the rest of the house is pretty much a disaster. Plus, I have 2 rooms in my 6-room dollhouse that aren’t being utilized right now (although I’m working on one of them). I do plan to make this a series as I get the rest of the rooms the way I want them to, but for now, I’m going to go really in-depth with this, talking about each piece. This is definitely the room I use the most because not only is it practical and an easy space to use for reviews and stuff, but I’ve spent a ton of time decorating it and I really love how it looks now. 


         As you can see, it’s wallpapered with this really pretty blue floral stick-on wallpaper. 

It’s actually falling off on the side a little bit, and I should probably glue it up, but it’s been holding steady like this for at least a year and a half. Yes, the walls are orange underneath. 


      I have several posters hanging up. On the right wall, I have this ‘hang in there baby’ poster that I originally printed off Google for Courtney’s room. I’ve since taken Courtney’s room down, so this poster got relocated. 


     On the right wall, next to the door, I have two posters that came out of the Doll Decades craft book. Do you guys remember those? They were books with a bunch of stickers and posters and stuff that you needed for the crafts in a kit in the back. I was obsessed with them but never really made any of the crafts. 



(You can see how messy my dollhouse kitchen is)

        There’s one for the Charleston and one promoting a night of jazz. These posters were meant to be used in a 1920s scene, but they look pretty epic in my living room, too. 

          Above the door is the paddle from Molly’s camp accessories. This is a more recent addition. 



       Because it’s immediately what you see when you look into the dollhouse, the back wall has the most wall decor. 


         I have the poster from Molly’s birthday accessories hung up, because I didn’t know what to do with it after I got it. Then, there’s two records also from the Doll Decades book. They were supposed to be used in a phonograph craft, but wall decor is cool too. Under the records is the pennant from Kit’s radio set. I received Kit’s radio set for Christmas several years ago, before it retired. Next to that is a cute little shelf I found in a flea market several years ago. I have no idea what someone would have put in such a tiny shelf, but it’s absolutely perfect for my dolls. I change out what it’s holding quite a bit, but right now it has my 30th anniversary mini dolls. I found Maryellen and Samantha in flea markets and Rebecca was included as a free gift with some things my mom got me for Christmas. 



         I have three big main pieces of furniture in this room. The first one I want to focus on is this couch. I take it out a lot of times when I’m showing off my dolls, but it usually sits as close to the wall as it can get, facing the flat screen TV. 


     It looks a little rough on the back. It’s much better on the front. 


     This is because I made it! I made it during the pandemic (like, 3 years ago) out of a cardboard box. It was originally covered in a sheer white fabric, but my mom reupholstered it not too long after. I think it’s held up pretty well to be made out of cardboard and hot glue! I like to drape the blanket from Luciana’s Telescope set over it. The galaxy colors go nicely with the overall coziness of the room. I’m going to take it out of the room for the rest of the tour.  

       The next big furniture piece I have is the fireplace. The fireplace is the infamous cardboard fireplace from Julie’s collection. Let me tell you, it is a very sturdy piece of cardboard! I love this set so much that I actually reviewed it on AG’s website. Also, I figure that if I DIY-ed a fireplace it would be cardboard anyway. 



         Instead of the cardboard fire that comes with the set, I use the fire from Maryellen’s Campfire Cooking set, which I got at the online benefit sale this year. This is another set that I really love. 



      It lights up and looks like real fire! Lol, you totally can’t see the battery pack for my fairy lights.

       On the mantle I have the TV from the Music and Movies Entertainment set. I actually have two TVs, and had them switched when my Christmas decor was up. That setup worked pretty well, so I might switch them again. I’m not sure yet. 


       I literally had this set for years before I learned that it lit up. And, fun fact, it stays lit up for the exact amount of time as the Xbox from the newer Xbox gaming set, which is also on the mantle. I have the milk bottle from Molly’s Birthday Accessories up there as well. It’s holding some flowers that came with mini 30th anniversary Rebecca, so I’m pretty sure they’re AG? I’m not positive, though. In the picture above, you can can see my fairy lights pretty well, so I’m going to take this time to talk about them a little bit. I don’t know where they’re from because I just had them lying around and thought my living room needed a bit of pizzaz. I turn them on in every picture I take for my blog, and they usually look blue but they’re actually white lights. I’ve just loosely draped them over various pieces of furniture. 

       It’s not a big piece of furniture, but in the corner I have Luciana’s telescope. The telescope really helps make the room look more full, especially since I like to make my doll rooms as maximalist as possible. This was a bit of a dream item for me, so I’m glad that I snagged it right before it retired. I also have extra pieces to the fireplaces hidden in the corner… 🤫


      My final big piece is the TV stand to the Music and Movies Entertainment set. This is probably my favorite furniture piece in the room. It’s got so much storage and it’s just in general really cute! 



          As you can see, I have Courtney’s TV on the TV stand. I love Courtney’s TV SO MUCH. I would love to just talk about how awesome it is and how boring it make the other TV seem, but I might have to save that for another time. I also have Kit’s radio and the candlestick from Josefina’s Nighttime Accessories, which I got from the online benefit sale. I’m not super happy with how out of place the candle looks. I used to have it arranged a bit differently and I liked that better. And… is that a can of bugs? That’s not supposed to be there… Actually, it’s really not, but I haven’t found a home for the bugs yet, so it’ll stay here for now. 

           The TV stand has a lot of great storage. Inside the cabinet I keep DVDs and game disks as well as Courtney’s cassettes and VHS tape. 



        The Entertainment set came with two baskets to organize things. They’re super helpful! 



 

      They hold lots of small accessories that my dolls tend to use pretty frequently. 

      I’m still looking for some decor to put on the shelves since the set only came with two baskets. On one of them, I have Samantha’s music box. 



          I’d like to put some more books with it, but none of them fit right. 

          In the center of the room is this beautiful rug.



         It’s not really a doll rug, but I can’t remember what it’s supposed to be! I think it might have been a table setting or something, but it’s kind of a weird size? I have one or two more in different sizes that I’m saving for future rooms. If Samantha ever gets a room, I’m going to give her one. 

         That’s pretty much all I have in my living room! I’m of course going to always try and fit more things in it, but I really like how it is now. Let me know in the comments which room I should give a tour of next: The kitchen, the bathroom, or Tenney’s room? That’s all for this week! Have a great day and remember to eat your veggies! Bye! <3


Comments

  1. I love your living room so much! I love all of the posters and the couch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think the posters are the icing on the cake, so I was super excited when I added them!

      Delete
  2. wow so pretty wish my room looked like this XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, especially the display of mini dolls! I would love to see Tenney's room next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, there’s something about mini dolls that makes a dollhouse extra aesthetic!

      Delete
  4. Your doll house is so cute! I love that couch!

    P.S.
    How do I follow your blog? I’m not used to blogger! XD!

    P.P.S
    this is Sofia from in a doll’s world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sofia! I was super proud of that couch when I made it! I think you need to have a blogger account to follow my blog, just like WordPress blogs need a WordPress account to follow. Honestly, Blogger confuses me too!

      Delete
    2. Oh, that’s ok! (Just know I’m a follower too) :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Concerns, New baking recipes? Let me know here in the comments!

Our Viewers are Loving: