Tour of My Dollhouse —- Tenney’s Room


       

         Hi guys! As you all know, I did a tour of my dollhouse living room last week. RJ requested I do a tour of Tenney’s room next! This is one of my more minimalist rooms, but I think the simplicity of it captures Tenney’s aesthetic very well. Tenney isn’t one of the dolls I use a ton right now (I find that I tend to gravitate randomly towards five or so dolls at a time, and Tenney isn’t on my recent rotation), but this room has come together and I’m not planning on changing it too soon. I apologize in advance for the bad pictures. The lighting in this room isn’t very good! 

        Tenney’s room sits above the living room. Since I change the bedrooms around quite a bit, I’ve officially dubbed it ‘The Purple Room’ because of the wall color. There’s a single strip of floral wallpaper along the back wall. This was a leftover from my room, which I recently redecorated. My room is partitioned by chair rail, so I tend to decorate it half one color and half another. I attempted to recreate this here. 
          


       On the right wall, there are two butterfly stickers that I glued on sometime before this became Tenney’s room.



 I’ve put some pieces of lace on the windows like curtains. They don’t stay up very well. Also, ignore the shirt I put over the backside of the window for the sake of the tour. 



On the other side of the window, Tenney’s guitar is attached to the wall with a command strip. This is one of my favorite things about the room. 





       The left wall doesn’t have any decoration, but I want to show off this door I made from poster board. 



       The back wall has two sticker ‘posters’ that I glued on the same time as the butterflies. I don’t like them a lot, but they won’t come off and they do actually help make the room look full. 



Next to the posters is this little shelf. It’s actually a little tray thingy from Target, I think. The shelf needs some more decorations, but right now it holds some doll-sized books and a polaroid picture frame. I love these little frames. The picture in it is of me at the AG store for my 12th birthday. 



On top is an amethyst geode from my mom’s childhood rock collection. 



Probably my favorite and most clever decoration is this hat! It’s the hat from the World Traveler in Italy Outfit, and it’s literally just hanging on a command hook. I can take it off if any of my dolls ever want to wear it, but I think it adds a super cute country vibe to the room. 



        Tenney’s bed came with my old KidKraft dollhouse. I don’t have that one anymore, but this bed is the perfect size for my current house. I put a solid pink baby blanket over it to look like a bedspread. 





         Another main piece of furniture is the dresser, which is actually a jewelry box I got at a flea market a long time ago. 



On top of the dresser, a succulent and Tenney’s guitar pick sit on top of her journal and the Robin Hood book from Kit’s  collection. The succulent is a locker magnet from target, and I’m really pleased with how realistic it is. 
 


         In the corner of the room sits a dress form. Tenney’s not really into fashion, but I like how it looks. The dress form gets taken out quite a bit because I actually use it when I’m making clothes for my dolls. It was a Christmas present, but I think it came off Amazon. 



          On the floor next to both the dress form and the dresser is this little basket. The basket came from a local Native American museum, so it’s a culturally accurate, handmade basket. I was on a field trip that day, so I was kind of sad I didn’t get to take Kaya, but when I saw these in the gift shop, I was so excited. Let me tell you, I’m a sucker for doll-sized baskets. These are the perfect scale, too! If you can’t tell, I’m wayyyy too obsessed with these. 



           And finally, we’ve worked down to the rug. I’m proud to show off this rug—- I wove it myself! Which, I need to write down here, would be awesome tutorial for you guys. Let me know if you’d be interested in learning to weave a doll rug! 



             That’s all for this tour, but I have a couple of announcements. 

            First, I got a Monster High doll a couple days ago. I bonded with her more than I expected and now I’m going to start collecting them. I know most of my readers are here for AG content, but it might be fun for me to do some MH stuff too! I have a sewing tutorial I want to do if you guys are interested, but likely I wouldn’t start posting anything about MH until a few more dolls join my collection. Also, I don’t know anything about the MH characters like I do for AG. I never watched the show.





              Also, I’m starting at a new school. I’m so excited to be in an environment where I can grow and be challenged. But, in case I miss a post, just know I’m probably busy getting caught up. 

             And my last announcement: As some of you might be aware, I have 2 dolls who are named Nicki and Isabelle. My friends who like to be caught up with the latest AG news might know what I’m referencing here, but I don’t want to spoil the surprise for anyone else. I’m changing Nicki’s name to her full name, which is Nicole, and since I haven’t bonded very well with Isabelle in the last few years, I’m completely changing her name. Let me know in the comments if you have any name ideas for her! 

            That’s all for today! Have a great week and remember to eat your vegetables! Here are some vegetable emojis: 🥒🥬🥦 Bye! <3 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. You’re the best… just get ready to answer a bunch of questions!

      Delete
  2. ooh so cool! I would love to learn how to make a doll rug!
    Here are some name suggestions for your Isabelle: Adeline, Daphne, Mara, Aurora, Piper, Emersyn (those are all super random but I think they're pretty!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, RJ! I’ll have to do a tutorial for the rug! It was one of the things I wanted to post about when I restarted the blog. Those are some really great names and they fit Isabelle really well!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE all the little small details that really bring the room to life!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It really is the small details that make it just right, isn’t it? That’s what I appreciate so much about this room!

      Delete
  4. Okay so i've been giving the names a lot of thought so just hear me out. i think Tenille, or Jane. What do you think? I think my favorite was Tenille

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those names, Viola! Tenille is really pretty. I don’t know how I’m going to choose! Thank you for the great suggestions!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Concerns, New baking recipes? Let me know here in the comments!

Our Viewers are Loving: