AG Book Quotes + Free Phone Wallpapers

         Welcome back to another Monday, and with another week, here’s another post! If I haven’t really mentioned it before, I LOVE AG books. Not only are they important to how I determine my dolls’ personalities, but I discovered a love for history through them, and more recently, I’ve realized just how powerful some of them are. I’ve compiled a list of some inspirational quotes I found in the books. And, on top of that, I’ve included some illustrations that are just the perfect size to use as a phone wallpaper to go along with some of my favorites! Just hold down the photo and press ‘add to photos’ or screenshot! I made these wallpapers myself, so I just ask that you don’t crop out the watermark. Thank you and enjoy!

“Sometimes you just have to trust in yourself and take a chance.” - Joyce Albright (Julie’s Mom), Meet Julie



“Together we sail.” - Addy Walker, High Hopes for Addy

“Right back where we began is not such a bad place to be.” - Felicity Merriman, Very Funny Elizabeth 

“‘Changes can be good.’ That sounds like a headline to me.” - Kit Kittredge, Meet Kit

“It is easiest to throw everything away. It is harder to untangle the knots and try again. It takes courage.” - Martha Merriman (Felicity’s mom), Felicity Learns a Lesson

“Our friends need us to be strong, even if it’s not easy.” - Mademoiselle Océane, Marie-Grace and the orphans



“Well, I’ll be a star-spangled banana!” - Mr. Sweeney, Julie’s Journey

“It is never wrong to try to earn something you love. Indeed, ‘tis only wrong not to try.” - Edward Merriman (Felicity’s father), Meet Felicity

“I think families are kind of like bones—-they can break too, but in some ways, it makes you even stronger. And when one person’s in trouble or gets hurt, families pull together, and you can still count on them to be there for you.” - Julie Albright, Julie Tells Her Story

“Freedom’s got it’s cost. Sometimes a very big cost.” - Ruth Walker (Addy’s mom), Changes for Addy

“I was so frightened I was strong.” - Kirsten Larson, Changes for Kirsten 

“Sometimes wishes take a little while to come true.” - Ruthie  Smithens, Really Truly Ruthie 



“If I were in a fairytale and had three wishes, Ruthie thought, I’d use them all to wish that we could always be the way we are right now… That truly would be living happily ever after.” - Really Truly Ruthie

“I don’t really believe that life always works out happily like fairytales do, and the wishes-come-true aren’t the only reason I like fairytales. I like them because they show that no matter what happens to us, it’s how we act along the way that matters. We still get to choose what kind of people we get to be.” - Ruthie Smithens, Really Truly Ruthie

“I’m afraid all we can give is kindness.” - Lily Smithens (Ruthie’s mom), Really Truly Ruthie

“It was just a little magic.” - Nellie O’Malley, Samantha’s Winter Party

“Dad said we all need a North Star, something we can find even when we’re lost, something we can depend on to be the same no matter where we wander.” - Molly McIntire, Molly Takes Flight

“You’ll miss the dancing if all you do is stare at your feet.” - Miss Zula, Meet Claudie



“A lady is a lady no matter what she’s wearing.” - Grandmary, Samantha’s Blue Bicycle

“Pretending won’t hurt.” - Kirsten Larson, Kirsten Saves the Day

“She wanted me to learn to be patient—-to wait, and to trust the wisdom of others. That’s a very difficult thing to do, for it takes great strength to wait patiently.” - Kautsa (Kaya’s grandmother), Changes for Kaya

“You’re not like anyone else, nor should you be. You’re yourself, and that’s perfect.” - Abuelita (Josefina’s grandmother), Just Josefina





       I hope you guys enjoyed this post. I had a lot of fun making it, but scanning through all my books was very time consuming! I might have to do a part 2 eventually, when I can get around to at least reading a little bit of the bigger books, or just doing a deeper read of the Pleasant Company books. I hope you enjoy the wallpapers, too! They’re hand drawn, and I know they’re not perfect, but I’ve loved having them as my phone background for the last few days! If there are any quotes you would like to have as a wallpaper, let me know in the comments and I’ll make one! I’m not sure how busy I’ll be this week with starting a new school, but I hope I’ll be able to get the wallpapers up the day of or the day after the request is made, so check back frequently! 

        I’ll be back next week, but until then, have a great week and remember to eat your veggies! Bye! <3



Comments

  1. I loved all of those quotes and the wallpapers were really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, RJ! I’m glad you enjoyed!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE a good quote! Those are so cute I love themmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know you do! That’s kinda what inspired me to make this! I’m so glad you enjoyed! <3

      Delete
  3. These are beautiful! Thank you for the wallpaper! I’m not sure how I’ll decide which to choose…who am I kidding!? I choose all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these quotes and your wallpapers! I've never read a proper AG book (although I'm convinced I read some picture-book or something about Felicity's world and also some other story about her and a horse), but I really think I should. The quote about untangling knots from Felicity's mom is really cool and "Well, I'll be a star-spangled banana!" has me laughing!
    Also, I'm not stalking anymore! I present to you: a comment!
    -ForestPoodle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! Yes! A comment! XD I would recommend everyone in the world to read an AG book at least once, but maybe I’m a little biased? I think I know what you mean about the Felicity’s World book. That’s definitely a real series they made and I have Kirsten’s and Samantha’s! I’m going to have to steal the star-spangled banana one- I included it for that sole reason! Also, thank for the tag! I can’t decide if I’m going to post the tag today or if I’ll save it for my post on Monday. 🤔

      Delete
  5. Oh, whoops, I forgot to add something to my comment! I tagged you for the Dolly Crazy Tag, if you want to check it out here: https://hedgehoghollow.home.blog/2023/02/10/the-dolly-crazy-tag/
    -FP88

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quotes!!

    -Viola Smiles

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Concerns, New baking recipes? Let me know here in the comments!

Our Viewers are Loving: