Year of the Dragon ~ A Photoshoot

This post is alternatively titled, "I have Minor Regrets." 

Okay, I'm mostly joking about the regrets part, but I did mildly panic the entire duration of this photoshoot because of my excessive glitter usage. (I got it cleaned up, though! I'm very proud of that fact!) Anyway, today (Feb. 10) is the start of Lunar New Year! Over the summer, I got Ivy's New Year outfit, and I've been waiting since July to properly display her in it! For the occasion, I decided to do a short photoshoot with her because, well, I'm a doll photographer and that's what I do. So let's get into it. 😉


I'm actually obsessed with how this turned out. I'm not someone who particularly hates glitter, and I love looking at it, but honestly I'm not sure what compelled me to use glitter in these shots. 2024 is the year of the dragon, so we'll say the glitter is supposed to resemble dragon scales or something. I definitely didn't put that much forethought into this, but we're going with dragon scales. 


I technically have two Ivy dolls right now... I bought a second Ivy over the summer in a lot which included this outfit. I planned to fix her up and sell her, but I haven't gotten around to selling her yet. I should probably do that...


I kind of hated all of my shots until I took a picture of half of her face, and from then on, I just took pictures of portions of her body. Creative process, I guess? 


Why do I love this so much? I have no good reason. It's so different from the shots I normally take, so that could definitely be part of it.


This is BASICALLY the same as one of the previous photos, but I'm still putting it here. 

Like I said, this was a short photoshoot, but I'm planning on doing another photoshoot tomorrow, which I will hopefully post on Monday! Have a great day and remember to eat your veggies! Bye! <3

 

Comments

  1. Those are really cool photos — and unique! Happy Lunar New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so beautiful! <3 And the glitter looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty! I love that outfit and I appreciate your dedication with the glitter 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Tbh I'll probably still be finding glitter in my doll stuff 20 years from now. 🤭

      Delete
  4. STOP THIS IS ACTUALLY SO CREATIVE AND UNIQUE AND GORGEOUS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, all of these pictures are really pretty!! Love the use of glitter, even if it does go everywhere.
    Also, IVY! Of course the pictures are perfect, she's in them!
    -FP88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love glitter--- I won't lie, the mess wasn't enough to keep me from using it.
      Yesss, Ivy is so adorable!

      Delete
  6. Ah, glitter. The true meaning of a love-hate relationship. Love these photos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Concerns, New baking recipes? Let me know here in the comments!

Our Viewers are Loving: