A Gymnast's Headshots ~ A Photoshoot (Entry for Dollympics Week 4)

 

Hey guys! I'm squeezing in one final Dollympics post, very last minute! I was feeling competitive and wanted to make up for the icky photos I posted earlier today. I wanted to take pictures of McKenna, since I have the Team USA gymnastics outfit, but I wasn't sure how to set up these photos and pose her. My brain went: "what does an Olympics-level gymnast need? Some good headshots!" and that's what I went with. It feels lazy, but, you know, it works.

I've done so many photoshoots that include dolls with the Josefina mold lately. It feels ironic because my Josefina molds are honestly the dolls I don't use as much. I don't know why. I think it's because most of them I've had for a very long time. 

I think I've said this before, but McKenna doesn't get enough credit for how photogenic she is. I feel like she's over-hated imo. She is similar to Elizabeth, who I also have, but honestly I kinda like her more than my Elizabeth...

I love how the sequins caught in the light. It's so pretty. This leotard is adorable on her. (It's cute on Ivy, too though, just saying. It was hard picking between my two dolls who are canonically gymnasts per AG. Though now that I think about it, I also have a Truly Me who's into gymnastics.) 

It just dawned on me that I haven't written any critique for these photos yet. I'm just yapping about McKenna. Well, anyway, these photos are all pretty similar, but I really love how they turned out. We have these cool bush things in our backyard that I've been trying to take pictures of dolls in front of for YEARS, and I finally nailed it. (Thank you, photography camp!) 


This is me remembering that McKenna is in Lila's book and I haven't read Lila's book yet.


Okay, she REALLY looks like Elizabeth in this photo. Elizabeth's hair is a lot lighter than McKenna's, but the light is making her hair look more blonde here. I adore this angle, though. 

Ooh, shiney bokeh.     


I don't know what to say here. 


Now that I'm looking at this photo, her hair is really not flattering her face here, huh?


YES I LOVE THE CLOSE-UP AHHHHHH


And that's all! I hope you guys enjoyed! Now that the Dollympics are over, I will be starting on Cousins again, and I have a ton of other post ideas, so stay tuned. Until then, have a great weekend and remember to eat your veggies! Bye! <3

Comments

  1. McKenna is so gorgeous! For real though, I feel like lots of people dislike her. Lovely photos! Thanks for the submission!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her eyes are so prettyyyyy! Gorgeous photos! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. McKenna is so pretty! These photos are amazing too. You've definitely earned your spot on the podium of Dollympics!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Concerns, New baking recipes? Let me know here in the comments!

Our Viewers are Loving: