It's Still Summer ~ A Photoshoot
Hey guys! It's crazy, but I genuinely have dolls that I have never done photoshoots for. Caroline is one of them, and I've had her for 3 years! Last school year, I took AP US History, and when we got to the War of 1812 unit, I decided I really wanted to take Caroline pictures. And then I didn't.
But! That want remained for the rest of the school year, and eventually, I decided I would make Caroline a dress. She's the only historical that I don't have any outfits for, so she needed something. I used one of the old AG patterns for Josefina's Christmas Dress. I think the fabric must have come from an old tablecloth, but I really like the green on her.
Then, as I was about to finish the neckline and add the closures, I started to feel like the dress was a little boring. So I decided to wait until a new craft store opened to get something to finish it.
That was months ago, and now I work at said craft store. So anyway, I finally bought some ribbon to finish the dress, and I used my employee discount, so what’s not to love?
I’m really obsessed with these photos! I didn’t really know where to take them, so I put Caroline in this October Maple tree in my backyard. I didn't like the idea at first, but it worked sooo well.
And here you can see her whole dress! The ribbon is right at the hem. Is it not the cutest??? There's a huge selection at my store, and I've already mentally picked out a bunch of other ones. Seriously guys, run to Michaels for ribbon.
Having money from a real job is funny, because what do you mean I've already bought 2 grail doll outfits and 2 new dolls? My zeal for American Girl has returned. Hopefully I can get an outfit for Caroline soon. I almost got her birthday dress for $50, but I wasn't fast enough. I do plan on doing some photoshoots to show off the other outfits I've bought, though!
I'm so glad her hair is actually cooperating in these pictures. I don't think I need to elaborate on that.

I'm in love with these ones of Caroline laying on the branch. The composition is super interesting to me, and I'm so pleased with the lighting and bokeh. I put my camera on an auto filter and honestly forgot to take it off, but it paired super well with one of the portrait presets on Lightroom.
Caroline is my historical twin. We both sew, have curly blonde hair, and have October birthdays. Honestly, I don't know why I don't obsess over her more. I think if I had read her books in elementary school rather than as a tween, I would have gone into a really obsessive Caroline Abbott phase and made her my whole personality. I did that with Kit and Luciana.
THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE PHOTOS I'VE EVER TAKEN!
That's all.
Another great photo of her dress. I love the sleeves the best. I figured out how to get the best results from my machine's overlock stitches, and the black closure came out super clean! That's a major win for me. I used snaps on this dress, which I normally have trouble with, but I thrifted some plastic snaps a while back and they work really well.
I have no more comments to make. This just looks awesome.
I kind of hate how she's looking so far up above the camera, but it's still really great.
Same deal here, except now I've looked at things so long, I think I'm starting to like it again. It's a cycle.
This framing feels wonky.
I'm really excited to show off the new dolls I've ordered. One of them is LE (you might be able to guess! Her unboxing should be my Monday post), and one is a random custom I found on eBay! I think the custom is either a Lila or Evette base, and I'm really pumped about that.
And one last picture!
That's all for now! Have a great week and remember to eat your veggies! Bye! <3














Comments
Post a Comment
Comments are always welcome!