What if Ivy Had More Outfits?

        Ivy is by far one of my favorite historical characters. She was also my first and so far only holy grail doll, who I finally scored this summer off Shop Goodwill. But only as I was shopping for her I realized just how small her collection was. I’m not sure if you guys know this, but she only had 3 things in her collection. She didn’t even have any pajamas. That got me thinking, what is she had more outfits? I looked on Pinterest for 1970s sewing patterns that could have inspired more outfits for her collection and here’s what I found:

Ivy Learns a Lesson 
       I definitely think Ivy Learns a Lesson would be about Ivy starting school without Julie and not having any friends. There’s so much potential! I think Ivy’s school outfit could have looked something like this:

        I especially love the one on the very left. I think a turtleneck would suit Ivy! 


Ivy’s Surprise 
       American Girl basically already gave us a holiday outfit for Ivy, although it was an outfit for Lunar New Year rather than Christmas. For a Christmas outfit, I really like something like this:

        I especially like the outfit in the middle. The pants would be really unique compared to other holiday outfits. Honestly I think the reason I like it so much is because it looks like something I would wear!


Happy Birthday, Ivy
     Typically, the Pleasant Company characters had spring birthdays, but Ivy’s is February 28, so we’re going to give her another winter outfit! I think these dresses are really cute: 

        I really like all of these, but I think the one that stands out to me the most is the dress on the very left. I think the sleeves are very unique and I’m obsessed with the floral. 


Ivy Saves The Day
        What would Ivy’s summer story be about? Honestly, I have no idea, but for her outfit I’m envisioning something like this:

         I could definitely see Ivy in the yellow one. I actually have some daisy buttons like that, so I may have to make it for her! 


Changes For Ivy
         The “Changes For” books also took place in winter, but they were usually marketed with some sort of coat. The coat pattern that stood out to me was this one:

         It’s kind of like Samantha’s Winter Cape, but I think it stands out compared to the rest of the historicals’ coats, especially since Julie has had a coat in her collection before. 


Sweet Dreams, Ivy
       And finally, Ivy’s pajamas. I can’t believe American Girl didn’t give her a pajama set. I don’t know why, but I imagine Ivy to be a nightgown girl. This is the pattern I found that I feel like Ivy would sport:

        I know we’ve had lots of nightgowns before, but I feel like Ivy’s would be patterned like the one on the right and/or short sleeve. 


        That’s all for now! I’m definitely going to have to sew some of these for Ivy, especially the yellow summer dress. Also, Happy Halloween everyone! I’m dressing up as Kirsten. I didn’t dress up my dolls, but I think Kirsten might come Trick-or-Treating with me. Here’s a really cute photo I took last year for you guys:

        P.S. even though it’s Halloween, remember to balance all that candy with some vegetables! Bye! 

Comments

  1. All of those outfits where SO CUTE!! I love the style so much...it makes me wish I was a American Girl doll! Your writing style is so clear and thought out, not to mention easy to read! Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What if I want some of the outfits you’ve suggested for Ivy!? They are so cute and I am totally digging the groovy floral pattern, too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Concerns, New baking recipes? Let me know here in the comments!

Our Viewers are Loving: