Dolly Crazy Tag

       Hey everyone! ForestPoodle88 from Hedgehog Hollow was kind enough to tag me for the Dolly Crazy Tag! This tag was created by Viola Smiles, and ever since I first saw it, I’ve thought it looked fun, so I’m super excited to do it today! Here we go!



Here are the rules:

1. Use the tag photo

2. Answer the Questions

3. Tag 1-5 people 

4. Link the creator (Viola Smiles)

5. Have fun! 

Now onto the questions!


What was your most embarrassing memories of your dolls?    

       Hmm, I don’t really have any embarrassing memories of my dolls. I don’t get embarrassed that easily.

Why do you enjoy your doll/dolls?

         Do you guys ever pretend you’re being interviewed or you’re a famous person doing a speech? Uh, yeah. That’s me talking about why I love my dolls, so I’ll try to keep it short.

     For me, I think the reason I stuck with my dolls so long was because I realized my dolls could be my friends when no one else would. They never get into drama and they’re loyal. As I got older, I discovered things I enjoyed through my dolls. I don’t know why I started taking pictures of my dolls, but that’s the sole reason I like photography. I wanted to sew and make doll clothes, and now I sew clothes for myself, too. And of course, I discovered my infamous passion for history through AG. When I was in first grade, little me learned to read well and was quite the bookworm. I read 30 chapter books and got Kit as a reward. Reading Kit’s book was probably my first exposure to history and I haven’t been able to get enough since. Then, as I got even older, I discovered a storytelling element of doll play. I could make stop motions or now, write photo stories. I will say that working on this blog has already helped me become so much more confident as a writer, even if I’ve only been here for a couple months. Dressing my dolls helps me to explore different styles. Dolls aren’t the only thing I collect, I also collect antiques, but it feels nearly the same- but I still think those who love their dolls are lucky. We get to collect things, but then we get to give them character. What other collectors get to do that? I definitely don’t give my antiques personalities, that’s for sure. I’m my opinion, we’re like authors that create complex characters or artists that draw their OCs, but there’s a more real, 3D element to it. 

        Well, that paragraph was long, but I could have added a lot more, so I’m proud of myself for keeping it short. 😊

What is your favorite memory of your dolls? 

       Hmmm… Did you guys know I got Marie-Grace 9 years ago on Christmas? After 9 years, I have so many great memories! My memory of the day I got Marie-Grace is very very vague, so I’m not sure it counts. Any time I work hard to earn the money to buy a doll or know something weird in history class, that’s a happy memory associated with my dolls. I have so many of them! Maybe whenever I got Min-Ji? I mean, I still have a hard time believing I got a Jly 4 in general. Me? Owning a Jly 4? Preposterous! I was so excited that day. There’s never been another time when I was shaking when I got the doll. Not even when I got my grail doll, Ivy. Getting Ivy was very special, too. Oh man, I just couldn’t pick a favorite! 

Is there ever a time when you didn’t like your dolls?

        Never. I think there was a time right before I got my second doll where I wasn’t really into AG dolls, but I wouldn’t say I didn’t like her. It’s been AG craziness ever since! 

Do you have a favorite picture of your dolls?

       If we’re talking all my dolls, uh, they’re a little hard to fit in one picture. Here’s my most recent picture of all my dolls. It shows a little more of my living room than I anticipated. 



       I also like what I call ‘the classic stair family photo’ that I took about a year ago and my original welcome to the blog photo. It’s weird that I only had 5 dolls 5 years ago. 
      





Has there ever been a time when you kinda forgot about your dolls? 

         Nope. I think about my dolls way more than I should. If I’m bored at school or in the car, I try to make up stories about them, and it’s kind of hard to not think about dolls at home when they’re all over my room. If I’m not thinking about dolls I’m either very busy or thinking about history, and history is very much associated with my dolls in my mind. 

When blogging about your dolls, do you ever feel uninspired or out of ideas for the next post? 

       Haha, yes, I do. I wasn’t sure what I was going to post this week, but then I got tagged! I come up with lots of ideas for posts, so I only post once a week so that I don’t get burn out, but sometimes I still run out of ideas because I just don’t want to do the projects I’ve thought of. I also work on my posts for much of the week and this helps a lot. 

And that’s all! Now I’m going to be tagging:


And anyone else who wants to do this tag! Seriously, I had a hard time finding blogs that hadn’t been tagged already, so if  I missed you and you want to do it, by all means, please do it! 

        And that’s all for today! I hope everyone has a great Valentine’s Day tomorrow, even if it’s not your favorite holiday. It’s also my dog’s birthday tomorrow! Here’s a picture of him. 



     Make sure eat some veggies alongside your valentine chocolate. I’ll be back next week! Bye! <3

Comments

  1. That was great! I loved hearing your answers! Yes, dolls are the reason that I've embraced so many of my hobbies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, RJ! Dolls are really the best way to pick up new hobbies, I think! There are really so many ways to be creative when dolls are something you enjoy!

      Delete
  2. (It's Viola) Great answers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Viola! This was such a fun tag!

      Delete
    2. Also have you choose what name ya want for (was) Isabel!!?!?!?!

      Delete
    3. I haven’t chosen a name yet! I’ve gotten some really great suggestions, though, so it’s going to be hard to choose! I hope that I connect to her better after the name change.

      Delete
  3. Another amazing post! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your answers! Dolls are honestly some of the best friends and I am so glad they exist. :)
    You sew?! Me too!! Will you post some of the doll clothes you've made? I've made too many doll clothes to count, plus some human stuff. The problem is, human clothes take so much fabric when you're used to sewing for 18 inch beings!
    -ForestPoodle88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely plan to do some things with sewing on the blog! I’m going to post a tutorial soon, but I need to refine it a little bit because the sleeves always look wonky. I won’t say any more, but be on the lookout for some sewing posts coming up! ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Concerns, New baking recipes? Let me know here in the comments!

Our Viewers are Loving: