How to make doll AirPods - The Forgotten Tutorial

        

        Hi guys! I had to take a pause on 37 Ways to Start Fire because I was out of town this weekend. I really didn’t know what to do in place of it. I almost didn’t have anything to do, but then I found the pictures for this tutorial that I had taken a while ago! So, that’s what I’m bringing you today. 

          A long, long time ago, when the awesome craft blog American Girl Ideas was still up and running, one of their most requested crafts was doll AirPods! Does anyone remember that blog? It was really the best, and I’m sad it’s been taken down. They never did make doll AirPods, so I decided that if American Girl Ideas wouldn’t do it, I would! Without further ado, here’s my forgotten tutorial! 

What you need:



  • Small round beads. (I used wooden beads, but pony beads would work just as well. The size I’ve found works best is just the size of or slightly larger then your doll’s ear holes. Ear holes? Is that a technical sounding term?)
  • A hot glue gun (preferably with hot glue sticks. This craft is a little difficult without the actual glue part, you know.) 
  • Acrylic Paint (I used white, but you can use whatever color you want! Wireless earbuds come in all sorts of colors these days.) 
  • A paintbrush 
  • Sticky adhesive glue dots (I don’t have this pictured because I didn’t have any on hand, but this is what you use to get the dolls to wear them.) 
       Here’s a good picture of the beads I used:



         They kind of blend in with my countertop. Hopefully you guys can see them alright! 

Step 1

        With your glue gun, make two glue lines on a piece of parchment paper. I probably made them 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch long, but I eyeballed it. This is going to be the back of your AirPods, so just go with the size you think they should be. 



         Again, the glue blends in with my countertop. Also, ignore the fact that I’m not using parchment paper. I didn’t have any, and the glue comes of the granite without taking any paint or whatever off. Don’t be me, though. Use parchment paper or you could end up with unhappy parents/you and ruined surfaces. 

Step 2

       While the glue is still hot, push your beads into the glue at the very top of your line. 



       Allow the glue to dry completely. 

Step 3

       Once the glue is dry, peel the AirPods off the parchment paper. If your glue isn’t as neat as you want it to be, you can trim it with scissors to the shape you want. My second AirPod was a little messy, so I trimmed it. 



       Here you can see my stuff better! :)

Step 4

       Now you can paint your AirPods!





       Let the paint dry completely, and then you can use your sticky dots to attach the AirPods to your doll’s ears temporarily. Again, I didn’t have adhesive dots on hand, so I don’t have pictures of this. It has worked well in my experience, though! 

      And that’s how to make doll AirPods! It’s a very simple craft, and I hope you guys enjoyed it! It’s not bad for having randomly found these pictures on my camera roll! :) As always, have a great week and remember to eat your vegetables! Bye! <3

Comments

  1. Ooh! I am totally going to try this out today! It's a super neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope they turn out well!

      Delete
  2. OMG they are so cute!! I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute! I love that you just randomly found the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too! It really saved me!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Concerns, New baking recipes? Let me know here in the comments!

Our Viewers are Loving: